Dear College Official,
It’s that time again when we request your help in updating your school’s profile in the Fiske Guide to Colleges. By completing the 2019 Fiske Guide questionnaire and providing comments on your school's write-up, you are ensuring that we have the most up-to-date and accurate information for your school.
Below and on the Instructions page of this website, you will find detailed instructions for accessing and completing the institutional and student questionnaires and providing feedback on your current write-up for the 2019 edition of the Fiske Guide to Colleges, which will be published in July 2018.
A few items to remember before you begin:
- Please use the data from your school’s 2016–2017 Common Data Set.
- When calculating enrollment numbers, please use full-time, degree-seeking students only. Do not include part-time and/or non-degree-seeking students.
- Please be sure to complete all questionnaire fields.
- When your questionnaire is complete and ready to submit, please be sure to proceed to the final window of the questionnaire and click the “submit” button. Your survey will not be considered complete until you click “submit.”
- We also ask that you offer comments on your school's write-up as it appears in the 2018 edition of the Fiske Guide to Colleges. Write-ups are available to review now, and your feedback is critical to our process. Your comments—along with the information in the questionnaires—will be taken into consideration as we update the 2019 edition of the book. When you are logged in, you can access the write-up by clicking the "Write-Up" button in the User Menu on the left-hand side of the homepage.
- Don't forget to invite 6 to 8 students to complete the student questionnaires at http://fiske.sourcebookscollege.com/index.php/student-questionnaire. When you are logged in, you will see the Student Access Code displayed in the lower menu on the left-hand side of the homepage; the Student Access Code is also provided to you by email.
- If there are other members of your staff, either within your department or in another department, who will be responsible for completing or contributing to the 2019 Fiske Guide questionnaire, please feel free to share your log-in username and password. You will not need to acquire a secondary username or password for additional staff members.
New items to note:
- We now include a question about what you consider "peer institutions" for your school. This, along with our traditional question on shared prospective applicants, will help inform our "Overlaps" list in the finished book.
- We have simplified our questions regarding admissions policies. You will no longer be asked to provide specific deadlines or policies on various supplemental components. Instead, we are most interested in the types of admissions plans you offer, your standardized testing policies, and any particularly unusual aspects of your admissions process.
Thank you in advance for your time and efforts in updating the information on your school.
Edward B. Fiske
Editor, Fiske Guide to Colleges